A study recently compiled by Bobbi Carothers and Harry Reis, who analyzed data from 13,301 men and women, finds significant overlap between the sexes on a number of characteristics commonly thought to be split fairly evenly by gender. Examples include:
- desire to have sex with multiple partners
- frequency of masturbation
- willingness to have sex outside of a relationship
- empathy for others
- caring about close relationships
- closeness with a best friend
- fear of being too successful (as measured by agreement with statements like “Often the cost of success is greater than the reward”)
- interest in science
The entire study is here, if you’re curious.
Via XX Factor.